Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weekend Update

This past weekend (The Carolina Cup) was in town. If you've never heard of the Carolina Cup like me, it is a horse race. Its where you bet on horses, everyone gets all dressed up in their fancy dresses and hats, and they tailgate before it begins. We didn't go to the cup since I had to work and Ray had other plans. But I wouldn't mind going to one, just to say that I've been.



Sam Kendalls
I was originally off on Saturday night but I picked it up to get more hours and most of all more cash. I was hoping it was be for a good night since there was so many people in town for the Cup. Well since I'm still new they put me in the window and only give me two tables and unfortunately a lot of people don't want to sit here.

I arrived at 5PM and got my first table within 30 minutes. Instantly, it was a COMPLICATED table. The lady didn't like vegetables, she said "I can't stand the look of them and I don't like how they taste". I thought it was a little weird since she was an adult and didn't like vegetables but WHATEVER. So they are ready to order and she decides on the chicken pasta but asks if there are vegetables in it. I go ask and YES there is a little bit of onions in the sauce but not enough to taste. She instantly says NO, I'll order something different.

Then she decides on a steak cooked MEDIUM RARE, baked potato, and cup of cheddar soup (which had veggies in it too but she said she could eat it without looking at it because seeing the veggies grossed her out). Again very weird. So their entrees come out and everything looks great. I went back to check on them 2min later to make sure everything was prepared correctly. I instantly knew something was wrong with the ladies since she wasn't eating and her plate was sitting near the end of the table. So I ask, How is everything? She says "Normally when I order steaks Medium Rare it is usually more bloody than this". So I said, "Would you like us to prepare another steak for you"? She said "Yes"? So I went and told the chief and they put another steak on the grill. I went back and told her that we had put another steak on the grill and it should be out shortly.

Me (my blood boiling)



The steak is ready and looks DELICIOUS! I bring the steak out she doesn't even take one look at it and puts her hand in my face and says "put it in a box please". SERIOUSLY! My blood was instally boiling. So I go to the back and put everything in a box. I bring it back with the check since they were ready for that. I go run the credit card and come back to the table. I say thank you and I hope y'all have a great night and come back and see us. As I'm walking away the lady flags me down with her hand and yells miss can you please get us a box of bread to go (we don't normally do) and a bag. SERIOUSLY, I thought they were leaving. So I say, Yes mam. I go to the back and find the hardest pieces of bread I could find put them all in a box and handed her the bag. She lifted the bag as if she were too good to lift the bag and immediately handed it to her guy friend or dad whatever he was.

This was the start of my night...Ended up making $43 not very good for a Saturday night but there is always next time.

Sunday
Worship at Awaken followed by lunch at a Chinese Buffet.



Evening we spent at my friend Angela's house for a cookout! Was lots of fun!

Angela and I


The Food



Ray and I


Yay for another great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. If I ever see that woman, I'm going to give her a piece of my mind! lol...SO SORRY she acted like such a turd! P.S. Love love love your flower headband!

    ReplyDelete