Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Quality Time With C&D


The first weekend in August I got the opportunity to spend quality time with 2 of my favorite girls. One being only eight years of age and the other is 15 years of age. Yes they are sisters whom live Salemburg NC. Only 7 years in between them but that doesn't interfere with their close knight friendship and relationship that will keep growing and will last a lifetime. Their names are Courtney and Delaney.


I drove to South of the Border Thursday morning to meet their older sister Brittney to pick up C&D. South of the Border is the halfway point for both of us which works out the best  for picking  up and dropping off. We all ate lunch together (hamburgers & hot dogs). Afterward, Brittney left to go back to NC and us girls stayed to tour South of the Border before driving back to Camden SC.



That night we were able to take a quick dip in the lake before the thunder storm rolled in. Ray being the grill master made all of us a great dinner, (BBQ Chicken) and I made the fixings. Homemade chocolate chip cookies were prepared for dessert and for snacks for our girls weekend.

Friday morning, after a hearty breakfast of eggs, pancakes, bacon, orange juice it was time to get ready for the water park. All of us got all our things together since were going to the water park and being that were staying overnight in hotel. The kids were excited about the hotel and as much excited about the water park. The water park was at Fort Jackson only 1.5 hrs away. We arrived at lunch time prepared with my cooler of snacks and drinks. Yes, I did sneak a cooler in the water park, since their food is so expensive and not healthy either. We had fiber bars, apples, nectarines, and water!




Saturday our afternoon was spent at the Riverbanks Zoo. This was Delaney's first visit here but this was Courtney's second time. As we first arrived the girls were hungry so we searched the map to see where we'd like to eat. We decided on pizza, yes! I ordered a large pizza thinking they could eat it later for a snack. I had good intentions but in the end I carried that pizza box around the park for at least an hour before throwing it away.




After our long hot sweaty day at the zoo, it was time to head to my 5K race in downtown Columbia. The kids had McDonald's for supper prior to heading to the race. We arrived, got my shoes on, my headphones with my phone, smeared icy hot all over my legs (hoping it would help me run faster), and lastly began to stretch. I made it to the starting line and was pumped, I knew I had this race and was ready to beat it! The clock started and everyone was pumped and running their heart out. I was good till the last mile. I seriously thought I was going to die. But I did survive, while coming in at 30 minutes and some change. My goal is always to try to beat 30 minutes so I think being outside all day in the heat I did pretty well. I didn't place in the top 3 to win a trophy but I was happy I just finished.


To view my picture from Strictly Running click the link below


The rest of our night was spent relaxing watching Netflix in bed. We all were worn out and let our eyes drift asleep. Our next morning was an early riser had to meet my other niece Ashley at South of the Border to drop off the girls by 9am.

I had a great weekend and hope they can come visit their Aunt Bubba again real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment