Saturday, June 26, 2010

Weekly Update

This is our first weekend has family staying in Camden. After my lunch date in Clemson with the girls it was back home to pack the car and the cats (Milo &Alex). I finished packing the car, and thought I should start it so it wouldn't be so hot when the cats and I finally got in. Let me tell you it was quite the ordeal getting them into their cage. I would get Alex in, leave the door cracked to try to get Milo in, by that time Alex would get out and Milo was not having it. They both were not happy. Finally, about 10-15 minutes later I accomplished the greatest quest ever...the cats were in their cage ready to go see daddy!

Now, were all in the car ready for the Road Trip and Alex wouldn't quit meowing. When I saw meowing it was like a meow I never heard before. He was very upset with his mom (me). Alex thought I was taking him to the vet...I kept reminding him we were gonna go see daddy but he didn't believe me. About 45 minutes later he stopped and settled down.

We arrived at the apartment and they were anxious to get out and see their new territory. They were sniffing and going into each room to see where they could go or what little places they could fit into. Milo's new favorite place is on top of the kitchen cabinets and Alex's is in the big chair in the sun and by the window. I think they're taking to the new place pretty well.

Here are a few pictures of the first night at their new temporary home.





















Thursday was Frankie's Fun Park with Ray's coworkers. Some of the guys he works with are from China and come here to work for three months at a time. Since they can't drive they have a chauffeur. Today, their boss and Ray planned a day of fun after a long day at work. We followed them into Camden for supper at Wild Wings then onto Frankie's for some fun. We rode the go carts which I didn't remember how fast they went and play putt putt golf. The Chinese guys (Fish, Lion, and John) were having a blast.

Oh, I didn't mention how hot it was. We arrived approximately at 9PM and it was still 90 degrees outside and the humidity was unbearable. Before we had left, I fixed my hair, teased with lots of hairspray, it looked great but didn't take a picture to prove it. By the time we had finished my hair sweaty as well as my clothes. It felt horrible. Ray and I were in need of a McDonald's ice cream treat for the ride home just to cool down.


Lion & Ray



Lion



John & Lion



Fish & Lion



John, Fish, Ray, Lion


Ray Putting


Larry Putting


John Putting


Lion Putting



Fish, Lion, Larry, Russ, Ray, John



Bubba has been READING! Can you believe it? I Can't.
I figured since I'm off for the summer I better make the most of it. I like to read but I'm slow. Usually, it seems like it takes me forever to finish a book. But I finished reading a book this week. I surprised myself. Its called Stories Behind Women of Extraordinary Faith by Ace Collins. It was great, I loved it. It talked about Harriet Tubman, Mother Teresa, Lottie Moon, Fanny Crosby and many more. I highly recommend this book. Its very inspiring and encouraging! If anyone is interested just let me know.



Tomorrow were going to visit a new church called Awaken near Camden. Am very excited to see what its like! Will let you know how it goes.

Hope y'all have a great weekend.
Love ya
Bubba

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad yall are having fun in Camden! I miss you already, though! I'm also glad to see that Milo and Alex are adjusting well, too! LOL! I bet your hair looked awesome...I take your word for it..it always looks great! Love you!

    ReplyDelete