Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bubba's Been Baking

I've been on a baking trend lately. I try to make at least one new dessert each week so Ray can take it in to work. Now, I don't give it all away but I do bake a little one for us and a big one for his coworkers.




Here is what I've made so far from the Schrauben Family Cookbook (Ray's side of the family:

Banana Bread
it is so easy to make

1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of shortening (but I don't use, can if you'd like)
1 egg
1 cup of milk
2 bananas
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda

Mix all above ingredients and bake for 1 hour. I don't usually bake this long because I use two bread pans, but if you do use one just keep an eye on it. You can also bake as muffins, which will take about 15-25 minutes to bake.

Here is a new recipie I tried just last week. I had old apples in my fridge and I didn't want to throw them away so I searched for a recipie so I could use them. Again, I found it in the Schrauben cookbook.

Fresh Apple Cake

Mix: 2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup of oil
Then Mix
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
t teaspoon of soda
Then stir in the 4 cups of chopped apples

Mix all together. Bake at 350 in a glass baking dish for 40-50 minutes. Sprinkle brown sugar over top when it is still warm (optional) but I recommend makes it taste even better. Let cool. Then store in refrigerator. Heat in microwave when ready to eat and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. I guarantee y'all will love it.

My last recipe isn't from the family cookbook its actually on the back of a can. Can you guess what it is? Ummmm...Its Pumpkin Pie. I've made one last week and another one this week. You would think we would be sick of it by now but its so DELICIOUS!

Here is my secret about my PUMPKIN PIE! As you see on the front of the can it tells you exactly what you need, 2 eggs, 1 can of carnation milk, 1 can of Libby's pumpkin pie, and of course 1 Pillsbury pie crust.





Mixed and Ready to go in the Oven!





In the Oven!




All Finished and Ready to Eat with Whipped Cream
the more whipped cream the better



Hope y'all will try some of the recipes.

Love ya
Bubba

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I miss all those good homemade "BUBBA" desserts! So yummy! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete