Saturday, September 17, 2011

More Car Problems

In my previous posts you may have read how Betsy was having problems but got fixed by Ray's friends or so I thought. A couple of weeks ago, on a Monday to be exact, I go out to my car to crank it so I can go to work but my car won't start. During this I can't find my phone, I'm late for work, so I try emailing my boss and Ray for help. They both come to my rescue. We thought it was my battery so we left it on the charger and Ray took me to work. We came home for lunch to see if it would crank but nothing. After work it still wouldn't crank, so Ray went to Auto Zone and purchased a new battery. The rest of the week it cranked.Yay for Betsy!

I thought Betsy was all fixed, but it ain't one thing its another. Then my tires kept getting low. My boss suggested I get new tires, since he was tired of putting air in them each week. The tire place said 3 tires were bad, so I bought 4 new tires. So now Betsy should be running like new.

Then....

Sunday rolls around. Ray and I drive separate due to me volunteering for the nursery and him getting together with his guys in Columbia after church. After leaving church I went to Sand-Hill to look around the Christian Bookstore. I was in the bookstore for at least an hour or so. As leaving the bookstore I walk back to my car, I crank it, and nothing. It won't start again. I called Ray and my boss. Since Ray was on the other side of Columbia, my boss came to help me. We finally got it started and found out it was the starter.

Monday being Labor Day, Ray, my wonderful husband put a new starter in all my himself. He wasn't too happy about getting dirty but he did a great job and saved us money for not paying a mechanic.

Now Betsy has new parts my goal for her is to run for another year. Which will give me enough time to save up money for a newer used vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment