This past couple of weeks I have been without a camera. Which has been really killing me but I'm sure Ray is happy. Since I'm not taking his picture or taking pictures at restaurants and etc. You know, you do whatever you need to do for the blogging world.
Couple weeks ago just after our big snow storm was BLESSED with 2 snow days out of work. Then to top it off I scheduled my massage I had won from work (whoever sold the top 4 gift card sales at work won prizes)! I was fourth place, winning: a dinner at Outback Steakhouse, 1/2 hour Swedish Massage, and a gift certificate to get my nails done. Then I received a certificate from my WONDERFUL husband: a manicure and pedicure! I was so excited. After my massage, it was time to get my nails done. It was so relaxing made me wish I could get it done at least once a month. It was a very relaxing day off!
We really haven't been doing anything too exciting. Just staying at home watching Netflix movies (one of our favorite things to do) and playing our new Monopoly card game which is another one of our favorites.
On a other note: we are still attending Awaken church and loving it. Pastor Jay is AWESOME, if you ever want to hear a sermon just to check it out just click the link http://www.awakencolumbia.com/ then click the sermon link and your good to go. We are studying the book of Nehemiah during the next 27 days and fasting and praying. When you think of fasting, you think of going without food, but if you like me and can't go without food there is other ways you can go about this. Our pastor and his staff had written an outline of fasting of the different types you could do as well as for those who are expecting.
I chose the specific food or activity fast. Sounds crazy right, I decided to stay away from Facebook during this time. By being home alone during the day I found myself checking Facebook non stop, looking at updated status, new notifications, and so on. It was hard at first but now I know Facebook is not my life, family, friends, and God are!
There are times when I struggle with prayer. I feel like I don't pray right but I know there is no right or wrong. I am talking to my Father, it shouldn't be that hard. For me I feel it is easier to pray for someone else than myself. Anyone have any advice or guidance?
Want all our family and friends to know that we are doing well and that we love you and miss you all lots!
Friday, January 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love you lots :):)
ReplyDeleteLove you lots too!
ReplyDeleteI always love reading a new post! As far as praying goes, I always like to remind myself that God knows I'm human and my mind may wander or my prayers may seem jumbled up but he knows our hearts and we can talk to him just like a friend! LOVE YOU!
ReplyDeleteThanks Laura
ReplyDelete